For those of you that don’t have any clue what Vero is, don’t worry – you’re not the only one. Vero is a social media platform that, according to James, was created in response to Instagram. It does this by offering features such as not having ads or algorithms and displaying posts in chronological order.
Many content creators (photographers, models, artists etc.) took issue with this. People don’t enjoy feeling like their work could possibly be used for commercial use without their explicit permission.
Vero hit a million users is record time, but if you are interested in joining the platform, it’s better to do it sooner than later. Once Vero‘s official start date is announced, the social media platform will no longer be free. You will need to pay for a subscription to use the service.
To summarize, Vero is great if you…
- miss the old ol’ days of a chronological feed
- don’t like ads
- want a mixture of Facebook and Instagram in one app
Vero is not so great if you…
- delete social media accounts on the fly (you’ll have to submit a request and hope it gets accepted to delete your Vero)
- are nervous about your photos being used for commercial reasons
- don’t like the possibility of having to pay for it
As of Friday, April 29th, 2018 Vero’s official start date and subscription price remain unannounced.